John 8:36

"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." John 8:36

Thursday, May 28, 2015

How to grow in your faith


14 But how can they call on Him they have not believed in? And how can they believe without hearing about Him? And how can they hear without a preacher? 15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: How beautiful are the feet of those who announce the gospel of good things!
Romans 10:14-15

      Frequently, people ask me, "how do I grow in my faith?" If you read through chapter 14 of John you will hear Jesus repeat over and over that to love Him is to obey God. One of the biggest steps of obedience to Him that we are called to do is to make disciples.

19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28:19-20

        The times of my life where I have grown the most have been times that I have been following that commandment, and seeking out the lost and making disciples of them. Spiritual growth happens exponentially when you are being intentional about teaching others about who God is and what He has done in your life. The summer after my 8th grade year, my faith started getting really serious to me, and in response I started teaching 4th grade sunday school the following school year. That gave me the opportunity to not only personally grow in my faith, but to share what God has done in me with younger students. The next year I moved up to teaching 5th grade sunday school, and taught 5th grade sunday school for the rest of high school. The more intentional I was about sharing my faith and teaching His word, the more I grew in my faith. 
      There are so many opportunities for each believer in the church and outside of the church. Not everyone is called to do the exact same thing, some of you may be called to minister to others through music in the worship team, some of you may be called to minister to other by teaching a children's sunday school class, while some of you may be called to start up a small group of friends and do a study at your house, then others may be called to just make friends with one person who needs it and to teach them about God. Whatever it may be, if you want to grow in your faith, seek out opportunities to share the gospel wherever you are at, and you will experience closeness to God like never before(:


No comments:

Post a Comment